Monday, October 24, 2016

Artist Statement - Pumpkin drawing


This is my pumpkin drawing work that took me two weeks to finish. My primary goal is to emphasis the light and shadow of the object extentsively by using charcoal stick and white chalk. General speaking, this work is not very difficult for me since we had spent a lot of time on light and shadow. One challenge i faced during the drawing process, as i always do, is to be able to portray the distinct level of shadow. I tried to meet the challenge by observing the object in detail and applying different force in drawing with charcoal stick. It is really fun to "draw" the shadow by erasing and creating such contrast between high light and deep cast shadow. To me, i think this is my best work in studio 1 so far. 

2 comments:

  1. The antler looks solid. The black lines in the pumpkin are a bit too dark. Very good composition. Stem is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The antler looks solid. The black lines in the pumpkin are a bit too dark. Very good composition. Stem is very good.

    ReplyDelete