Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Artist Statement - Object drawing


This is my work of drawing an object by pencil. In general, I feel good about the proportion and the showed of this drawing. The reasons for choosing this object are its interesting shape and cast shadow for a good sketch. In this drawing, my main goal is to make it looks like a three-dimenstion object on sketchbook. The goal was accomplished mostly by using pencil to measure the ratio of the object and employ the same ratio on the sketch. For the difficulty, I had a hard time on keep everything realistically such as shape, shadow and ratio. For overcoming the challenge, one thing i tried is to spend more time in observing the object and it did works for me. If i had to do such drawing again, i will definitely attempt to make it more realistic and 3D. 

1 comment:

  1. good summarization(simplification, but more) of the shadows would make a good painting

    ReplyDelete