Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Letter Sculpture drawing


This is my letter sculpture drawing for the word "Peace". I feel very good about the overall textures and organization. My primary goal is to create a smoothness for the lines and the different value of shadows. I use the shading technique that Mr. Gaudreau told us and the paper towel technique for accomplishing my goal. The biggest struggle for me is to keep my shadow in same texture and value all the time. It is very challenging to maintain the balance of shadow and i try to overcome the challenge by drawing carefully and using paper towel for getting a smooth texture. Obviously, the thing I learn that can benefit my next painting is drawing smooth shadows in different values.  If i had to redo this painting again, that i would try to make it looks more three-dimensional by adjusting the depth of the letter and depicting the shadow more realistically, as inspired by Ivy's work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment