Friday, January 13, 2017

Artist Statement - Oil Painting


This is my oil painting of a black object and a ball. My goal in this artwork is portray the light and she shape of these objects by observing carefully and mixing different colors. In order to accomplish my goals, i spend a whole class period in experiment my palettes and marks out the area of distinct colors in the drawing. The most difficult part, in my perspective, is the process of painting. Since this is my first time drawing in oil, i have some trouble in maintaining the same texture of color as well as    keeping the sharp edge of color. It took me about four class period to finish up. Still, i think my drawing looks a bit sloppy, but it is a good try. 

1 comment:

  1. Sloppy is OK for oil painting. What you did learn was to mix your colors and see shapes and to realize that black is colorful

    ReplyDelete